GMA News TV (informally abbreviated GNTV or simply News TV) is a television network in the Philippines. It primarily airs news programs (in conjunction with GMA Network's news department and others), along with other factual programs such as documentaries and current affairs programming.
The network debuted on February 28, 2011 as a replacement for its former national network "Q"Template:Emdashas such it is broadcast by all television service providers and terrestrial stations which formerly carried Q. Most of its live programming is broadcast from studios at the GMA Network Center in Quezon City. It broadcasts Weekdays from 5:00 AM to 12:45 AM and weekends from 6:00 AM to 1:00 AM.
GMA News TV was created as a replacement for "Q", a network which primarily featured imported dramas and lifestyle-oriented programming aimed towards women. GMA News TV was unveiled on February 7, 2011, and Q was discontinued on February 20, 2011 in preparation for the launch of the new service, which occurred on February 28, 2011.
- Main article: List of programs broadcast by GMA News TV
Most of GMA News TV's programming consists of rolling news coverage and other news programming, along with documentaries, public affairs shows, entertainment news programs, and selected lifestyle programs carried over from Q.
Later in 2011, GMA would also launch an international feed of GMA News TV, as a compliment to its two other international channels (GMA Pinoy TV and GMA Life TV). It began to be offered as a preview channel in Australia on FetchTV, IPS/AccessTV in Japan, GUdTV in Guam and on OSN, with an official launch planned for the third quarter of 2011.
GMA News TV International was officially launched on UBI World TV on December 1, 2011. In May 2012, Canadian IPTV provider MTS TV added GMA News TV International, becoming its first Canadian carrier. In November 2012, Optik TV added the channel to their lineup.
Unlike its domestic counterpart, programs on GMA News TV International air tape-delayed, except for selected special events such as live coverage of day 1 of Eleksyon 2013. GMA News TV international is available on Singtel Mio TV in Singapore on Channel 690.
- "Kabalitaang Tapat at Maaasahan" (2012–present)
- Further information: List of GMA News TV stations
- ↑ http://www.pep.ph/guide/tv/7578/gma-network-launches-gma-news-tv-on-channel-11 PEP Entertainment Guide/Television
- ↑ http://www.gmanews.tv/story/212269/gma-network-launches-gma-news-tv GMA News Online, Business Top Stories
- ↑ GMA News TV goes on air retrieved via www.gmanews.tv 02-28-2011
- ↑ GMA News TV Station ID 2011 retrieved via www.youtube.com via gmatv user 09-10-2012
- ↑ http://www.gmanews.tv/story/226308/business/gma-network-launches-third-international-channel
- ↑ http://www.gmapinoytv.com.ph/ver1/article.php?aid=328
- ↑ http://www.gmapinoytv.com.ph/ver1/article.php?aid=612
- ↑ http://www.gmanews.tv/story/220742/business/earnings-gma-network-posts-18-growth-in-q1-revenues
- ↑ http://www.gmanews.tv/story/233887/pinoy-abroad/gma-news-tv-international-to-be-launched-in-australia-oct-1